We've been getting this question A LOT lately... So.. Will Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Return in 2021?... Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party debued in 1995 as a single day event and had grown into a seasonal, multiple dates event. The kickoff to Mickey's...
We’ve been getting this question A LOT lately…
So.. Will Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Return in 2021?...
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party debued in 1995 as a single day event and had grown into a seasonal, multiple dates event. The kickoff to Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party was as early as the second week of August in 2019!
What made this event special for party-goers??…
- Limited park attendance
- When the clock strikes six…Everyone who didn’t have a special ticket had to leave!
- For many guests, the limited event tickets were a worthy incentive alone! Low wait times on rides made it possible to experience several attractions in a few short hours.
- Rare character meets
- This was one of the only places to encounter villians and extremely rare costumed characters.
- Jack Skellington and Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas,
- Exclusive snacks
- Speciality themed snacks and beverages were found all over the park in a decadent, sugary scavenger hunt to taste them all!
- Uniquely themed parade
- Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party brought everyone to Main Street USA to see our favorite characters dressed in their Halloween finest, as well as villians enjoying the night! The residents of the Haunted Mansion even made their way out for the “Boo to You Parade.”
- Special Fireworks presentation
- There’s not fireworks quite like Disney Fireworks. Along with a party specific soundtrack guests were swept away by crisp woodwind notes that *almost* made you forget it was still 90 degrees in Orlando.
- Trick or Treat stops
- So. Much. Candy. For guests that partook in trick or treating at several stops within the Magic Kingdom there was never any candy shortage. Some guests reported 3-6 pounds of candy, per person were distributed! (The trick was getting it home without it melting!… like packing a cooler in your stroller..*save that tip!)…
- Fun costumes!
- This was the ONLY time that adults were permitted to wear full costumes to the Magic Kingdom.
- From individuals (dressed up babies!!!), to couples (so many cute Disney couples!) to family and group costumes (ALLLLL *The Incredbile* families!)
- Bridgerton ballgowns have nothing on the crafty and creative costumes that Mickey’s Not So Scary Party attendees could imagine!
What do we predict?
The only one who really knows if special events will return in 2021 is the Mouse himself (and maybe a few select humans in his circle of trust). Disney has not released any information as of yet as to what their 50th Anniversary may look, which is deep in the heart of “Halloween” in the Magic Kingdom…
As Disney World is learning how to maintain the magic while keeping guests and cast members safe… what COULD a socially distant special event look like?…
- Great costumes…with masks?… this would really be a place where if we do have to mask through 2021 some really fun costumes could be crafted up! With some of the creativity we’ve seen with printed masks; the possibilities are endless!
- No more trick or treating. (sigh)… but, maybe a pre-packaged “swag bag” of treats and specialty items can be collected on your way out of the park?…
- Socially distanced characters. We think this one is here to stay for awhile…but, it’s not a deal breaker! Character Cavalcades and seeing characters in pop up locations have been getting great reviews from theme park attendees.
- We think fireworks will return. There’s no other company that can time fireworks to pull at your emotional fibers like Disney can. We think they will be back within the year.
- Extremely limited event tickets. These events could be truly VIP events, and the pricetag will likely reflect the exclusivity.
What is your prediction for 2021?
Do you think we will return to normal? Keep up with social distancing?
Share your predictions in the comments!
You’ll be the first to know about exclusive offers all around the world!